Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Man Approved Meatloaf

"I think my husband's very favorite meal is meatloaf.  He would eat it every day if he could.  I think it's a 'man-thing', because my step-dad loved meatloaf too.  I have made it in so many different ways, but I think (and so does my hubby) this combination is my favorite!" 

1 medium onion, finely diced
1 clove of garlic, finely minced
1 Tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
 
In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat.  Sauté onions until tender.  Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.  Remove from heat and set aside (you will add the onion and garlic mixture to the meat mixture in the next step). 
 
2 pounds hamburger
2 slices of white bread, torn into small pieces
2 eggs
6 ounces (1/2 of a jar) chili sauce*
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
 
Mix hamburger, bread pieces, eggs, chili sauce, reserved onion and garlic mixture, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper together (I have found that the easiest way to combine the ingredients is with my hands).  Form into a loaf and place into a loaf pan.  Top with sauce (recipe follows) and bake.
 
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
 
Combine ketchup, barbecue sauce and Worcestershire sauce.  Spoon on top of meatloaf. 
 
Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cooked completely.
 
 
*Chili sauce can be found on the condiment aisle of the grocery store by the cocktail sauce.  If you are unable to find the chili sauce, you may substitute ketchup.  
 

10 comments:

  1. This looks delish! I make little mini meatloaves in small loaf pans (ez foil) and freeze for baking later. I'm going to try your recipe next. They are so handy to have around for when I want a little meatloaf (MY man doesn't eat meatloaf and I love it!) .

    Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely Man Approved by the Men in my house...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife always cook for me last 45 years now Iam on my own I really love your recipes, I have put on 10 pounds of weight since November with your recipes thank you from the bottom of my heart

      Delete
  3. You have 2 BBQ sauces but I only see it for the top needless to say I've always used barbecue in my meatloaf mix

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really Love the moisture was excellent. I even had enough to do s mini and froze it and it still was excellent. And 3 weeks later I'm making it again ^ _ ^ Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was delicious. I split mine into two loaf pans and baked for 35 min then added topping and went another 10.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my GO-TO meat loaf recipe! So yummy and juicy! And my toddler loves it. That’s saying alot!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks!