Saturday, March 10, 2012

Leapin' Leprechauns Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

"When you catch that leprechaun this St.Patrick's Day, you can trade these minty cupcakes for his pot of gold.  Yes, they ARE that GOOD!"

Cupcake Ingredients
Beat cake batter until well incorporated.
Add yummy mint and dark chocolate morsels!

I found these adorable cupcake liners at my local grocery store.


Ready to go in the oven.

Chocolaty Goodness fresh from the oven!

 Icing Ingredients


The Perfect Minty Green Color!



 One of my favorite tricks-using a glass to hold the Pastry Bag.  It makes filling it so much easier! 


Getting Ready to ice the cupcakes!


Use a #20 star tip and begin icing from the outside edge and work your way into the center.


A Minty Masterpiece!

Almost Too Pretty to Eat!!!  Almost!!!

Just in case you needed another look!!!  

"Now if you need me to summarize it for you...BAKE, DECORATE AND THEN PUT OUT FOR LEPRECHAUN BAIT!!! 

RECIPE

Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes:
1 chocolate cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge.)
water, oil and eggs called for on the box (I also added flour and followed the High-Altitude directions.)
1 (10 ounce) package of Nestle Dark Chocolate & Mint morsels, divided

Preheat oven and prepare cake mix according to package directions.  Stir in morsels, saving 1/2 cup to decorate cupcakes.  Place cupcake liners in cupcake/muffin tins.  Divide batter evenly, filling each liner 2/3 full.  Bake according to package directions for cupcakes.  Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.  Frost with Mint Butter Cream Icing (recipe follows).

Mint Butter-Cream Icing:
1 stick of butter or 1/2 cup, softened
1/2 cup of shortening
1/2 of a 2 pound bag of powdered sugar, or you can use a 1 pound box
2 teaspoons mint extract
Green food coloring
Cream together butter and shortening. Add powdered sugar a little at a time until all combined. Add mint extract.  Add enough green food coloring to dye icing to the color you desire (I used 7 drops).  Frost cupcakes and decorate with reserved morsels.  Store in refrigerator until ready to devour.


To see more Yummy Cupcake Recipes, please visit my Kandy's Kupcakes page:
http://kandyskitchenkreations.blogspot.com/p/kandys-kupcakes.html

6 comments:

  1. St. Patty's day is such a fun holiday to celebrate! I'm always looking for something tasty and green to whip up on the big day, and these certainly fit the bill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you try them and they make your St. Patrick's Day special!

      Delete
  2. Oh I want these right now! They look delicious and my son loves anything mint chocolate chip. Thanks for sharing with Small Victories Sunday Linkup. Pinning to our linkup board and hope you join us again this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you make them for your son and that he loves them as much as my family does!

      Delete
  3. These look so good! I love anything chocolate and mint. Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This weekend? I hope you will join us again this Monday morning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These cupcakes are so good that I'm making them again this St. Patrick's Day! I hope you try them too. Thanks for your comment Joy.

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks!