Friday, April 17, 2015

Lemon & Lime Jello Salad

"This is my all-time favorite jello salad!  It's perfect for any gathering and we often enjoy it at Holiday dinners."

1-(20 ounce) can of crushed pineapple
1-(3 ounce) package of Lime Jello
1-(3 ounce) package of Lemon Jello
1 cup mayonnaise
1-(14 ounce) can of Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup of cottage cheese

Drain crushed pineapple and reserve juice (it will be about 1 cup of pineapple juice).  To the pineapple juice, add enough water to make a total of 2 cups of liquid.  Pour liquid into a saucepan and add lime and lemon jellos.  Stir to dissolve jello completely and bring mixture to a boil.  Remove from the heat and set aside.  Measure out one cup of the crushed pineapple and in a large bowl, combine pineapple, mayonnaise, condensed milk and cottage cheese.  Add jello mixture and stir to combine.  Pour into an 8x8 pan or jello mold.  Refrigerate until set. 

8 comments:

  1. Thanks Kandy, for posting this recipe. I searched everywhere for seafoam salad. I've made it for years on holidays, and wanted to make some for my daughter, (today), but I misplaced my recipe. But I finally found your site and your recipe is similar to mine. Only I use 1 Lge. Lime and 2 Small lemon jellos and mine did not use Sweetened Condense milk (just the pineapple, cottage cheese, and mayo. The picture you posted is great and looks just like mine! Thanks again. I'll definitely visit your site regularly..and I'll try it your way next time...haha God Bless you! ~Star C(-)ild 333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the name 'seafoam salad'! I've never heard it called that before, but I love how different families have different names and versions of recipes. I'm so glad that I could help and that you visited my site. I have a lot of old fashioned recipes on my blog so I hope you look around and find more that you will like. Thank you for the nice comment. It means a lot to me that I am able to share my family's recipes with fellow cooks like you!!!

      Delete
  2. My mama made this salad but she used the evaporated milk nice.. Thanks with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'VE NEVER MADE IT BEFORE MY SISTER IN LAW WOULD MAKE IT BUT I'M GOING TO GIVE IT A TRY HOPE IT TURNS OUT GOOD MY HUSBAND LOVES ANY THING SWEET . THANKS ALOT ANN

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has been a FAVORITE of our family for over 50 years. We lovingly have called it "Grasshopper" salad. (My children's aunt would tell them it was made of grasshoppers, but they would eat it and love it! So glad it's still around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can it be made with strawberry jello

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine never firmed.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks!