Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Macaroni with Cracker Crumbs

"Everyone in my Family loves this recipe.  Every time I eat it I'm reminded of being a little girl when my grandma and mom would make it for me and my sister.  It's definitely
COMFORT FOOD!" 


1/2 pound or 1/2 of a 1 pound box of pasta (I used Rotini, but you can use any shape of noodle that you prefer.)
1 sleeve saltine crackers or 1/4 of a 1 pound package, crushed*
1 stick or 1/2 cup butter
salt and pepper, to taste

Prepare pasta, following package directions.  Cook until tender, about 10-11 minutes.  Drain.  Melt butter in a saute pan.  Add drained pasta and stir.  Add crushed crackers and mix together until all pasta is covered with cracker crumbs.  Season with salt and pepper.  Makes 4 servings.

*TIP:  You can use a food processor to make the cracker crumbs or you can place the crackers in a resealable bag and use a rolling pin to crush them.

YUM!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I know your kids will love it! All of the kids in my family always have!

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks!