Saturday, February 25, 2012

Hot Damn This 'Berg-ers' Jumpin'

"I created this recipe in honor of my husband's all-time favorite movie, "Tombstone," which by the way he, along with his very best crooning buddy, can quote word-for-word.  The combination of the meaty burger, tangy bleu cheese and mildly spicy topping makes for one of the yummiest burgers I've ever tasted (If I do say so myself!).  My husband has even told me that it's better than any restaurant burger he's ever eaten." 
"Bacon, Jalapenos, Mushrooms and Bleu Cheese, MUST BE A PEACH OF A HAND!"
 
Burger
1 pound Angus ground beef
salt and pepper, to taste
4 hamburger buns, toasted

Toppings
8 slices of bacon
1 medium onion, sliced thinly
1 (8 ounce) package of sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup pickled jalapeno slices
8 Tbsp. chunky bleu cheese dressing (we love Litehouse Big Bleu cheese dressing)

Divide ground beef into 4 quarter-pound patties.  Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.  In a large skillet, fry patties over medium-heat until thoroughly cooked. 

Meanwhile, in another large skillet, cook bacon until desired crispness.  Remove from pan, cover and keep warm.  Drain off all but 2 Tbsp. of the bacon fat.  Add onion and mushrooms to the pan and cook in bacon fat until tender.  Add jalapeno slices and heat through.

To assemble burger, place hamburger patty on toasted bun.  Top with 2 slices of bacon, 1/4 of the onion-mushroom-jalapeno mixture and 2 Tbsp. of bleu cheese dressing.  Recipe makes 4 burgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks!