Sunday, February 19, 2012

Chia's Guacamole

"This is one of my favorite recipes that my Husband has invented.  We use it as a dip with tortilla chips and as a condiment on tacos, nachos, enchiladas and any other Mexican dishes that we cook." 
Creamy, Spicy Goodness!

juice from 1/2 of a lemon
2 avocados
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
Pickled jalapenos, chopped, to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
salt, to taste
chipotle chili powder, to taste
garlic powder, to taste
pinch of cumin

Mash avocados up well.  Add onion, tomato, jalapenos and garlic.  Squeeze lemon over mixture.  Add mayonnaise and sour cream.  Add salt, chipotle chili powder, garlic powder and cumin.  Mix well.  Serve with tortilla chips or on tacos.

TIP:  The Chipotle Chili Powder is really spicy so start out with a small amount and add more if desired.




2 comments:

  1. I am going to try this! It sounds wonderful. I usually make a simpler guacamole with just mashed avocados, lime juice, salt and garlic powder -- sometimes some green salsa too -- but I noticed while visiting my daughter that she adds sour cream to hers. It was great and your husband's recipe looks fantastic too, so I will definitely be trying it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being so nice! This guacamole recipe is the best that I've ever tasted. I've let my husband take over making it whenever we have Mexican food. I bet he wishes he would have never made it better than mine! I hope you love it too!

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks!