Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mandarin Orange Cake

"My Mom made this recipe for my co-workers recently and it received many compliments.  It's like eating Sunshine on a plate"
 

Cake
1 package of yellow cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil*
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
4 eggs
1 (11 ounce) can of mandarin oranges, undrained

 *For High altitude: Add 1/4 cup of flour and decrease oil to 2 Tbsp.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom of a 13x9 pan. Beat cake mix, (flour-if High Altitude), oil, walnuts, eggs and mandarin orange segments with juice on low speed for 30 seconds. Then mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Cool for about 1 hour before frosting cake.

Frosting
1 (26 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 large package of vanilla instant pudding
1 (8 ounce) container of non-dairy whipped topping (my Mom uses Cool-whip)

Stir undrained pineapple and pudding mix together until completely mixed.  Fold in non-dairy whipped topping.  Frost cake.  Store in refrigerator until ready to use.

Note:  Store leftovers in refrigerator.

This recipe was featured on Gooseberry Patch's Easter Dessert Recipe Round-up.  To check it out on their site click here:
http://gooseberrypatch.typepad.com/blog/2013/03/rru-winners-10-sweet-treats-for-easter-desserts.html

3 comments:

  1. My Grandma made this cake many times and my daughter and I always loved it:) Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines now following on GFC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made this cake several times.But I make it in four layers and everyone under the sun loves it šŸ’–

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks!